Sunday, October 11, 2009

Basic Drop Cookies--Linds

I am sorry that I did not do the borlotti beans or whatever they're called. I can't find them. So as soon as I do, I will make them. Until then, I am still caught up because I made the drop cookies.
I thought it was neat to read the page before the recipe where it talks about why you're supposed to cream butter and sugars together, stuff about eggs at room temp. etc. It's nice to understand the why behind all of our cooking. I used dark brown sugar, which i've never used before, and it's yummy. I think it's a pretty good, basic recipe. We added choc. chips because I had just used all my pecans, almonds, and walnuts making a yummy granola. I also didn't use two pans on two different racks and rotate them halfway through. I think martha comes up with the funniest things sometimes, just because. I also didn't have parchment paper, and they turned out just fine. Kenny thought they were really yummy, and he likes them fluffy. Tyler didn't like them too much, but he did love the dough (as always). Overall, I'd say it was a success!

No comments:

Post a Comment