Sunday, October 11, 2009

Basic Drop Cookies by Steph

Today's recipe, thankfully, was pretty much failproof. After another bad Martha experience on Monday with the Perfect Beans (which were pretty far from perfect), I needed a boost in my confidence in following Martha's recipes. (The strange thing is, I rarely have bad recipes. For some reason I just don't do well with Martha.) But cookies are something I have made many times. The recipe was basic and turned out delicious. For my add-ins I used 1 cup of white chocolate chips and one cup of semisweet. It was also my first time using my new silicone baking mat (a wannabe Silpat) and I LOVED it. The cookies baked perfectly and evenly - probably my most perfectly baked cookies ever. I attribute that entirely to the baking mat, which cost $10 at Fred Meyer. Great investment.
















Leighton loved the cookies too. This is him nodding when I asked him if it was a good cookie.























As I'm limiting my calories this week and the next few until my husband comes home, I froze a bunch in little baggies to pull out when I'm in desperate need of a treat. Of course, I saved a dozen for the kids to enjoy this week. And they were so good, I might sneak one in myself. After all, what's a diet if you can't cheat once in a while?
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment