Monday, October 26, 2009

Shrimp Stir-Fry made easy


I went off course with everyone else at MSU this week and used the Better Homes & Gardens recipe. It turned out pretty good, considering I didn't have any rice vinegar, or any vinegar at all for that matter. My first picture is the garlic, onions, carrots, mushrooms, and broccoli. As you can see I don't know how to slice the carrots "bias-style" or however they said. I just sliced them like normal. I think they're supposed to be more like Lindsay's.

Caleb usually is cooking right along side me when I do these meals. It's much more fun that way.

This is the final product. The sauce wasn't bad, although it didn't bring out the shrimp taste at all. I used a little lemon juice since I didn't have rice vinegar, so I'm not sure how much that affected it. The texture of the shrimp was perfect, but they didn't taste much like shrimp. They kind of tasted like nothing. There definitely could've been more sauce for the amount of veggies and rice.

We even busted out a bottle of sparkling cider from our wedding. 6 month anniversary on Nov. 1st!!
Overall I really liked the recipe. I love seeing all those bright colored veggies in the pan. Makes me feel healthy. I liked using shrimp because I've never cooked shrimp before. It's pretty quick one you get all the veggies cut, and you can change it up (the sauce, veggies, or meat) really easily.
If Martha forgives us, we're back to our syllabus next week!

No comments:

Post a Comment