Monday, October 26, 2009

Shrimp Stir-Fry--Linds


I feel somewhat guilty putting this recipe on our Martha blog, when we totally threw that one out the window and busted our "Better Homes and Gardens" books. But, it was Martha-inspired so I guess it's alright. Problem #1 with this recipe--I don't like shrimp. I try, I really try. But I don't. Kenny, on the other hand, was very excited about this. He took Tyler to town on Saturday to spend some time with him and get him out of the house while I worked on my lesson, so he did the grocery shopping for this meal. He bought a pound of shrimp, and I ate 2 pieces of it, he ate the rest :).
While we were eating the meal he said, and I quote, "I feel like I'm eating at a fancy restaurant." So that tells you it was a success. We didn't have mushrooms, and I really wasn't a huge fan of the sauce, but that's ok. Oh and it was my turn to cheat this week and not do the "perfect white rice", Martha style. I totally used my rice cooker.


I love making stir-fry and I loved how easy this meal was to throw together. I would definitely do this again, just maybe not with the shrimp (unless Kenny asks really nice :). ) AND one more confession. I haven't done the eggs yet. But just for the record that's how I always make my hard-boiled eggs. I learned that in a cooking class at BYU-Idaho. But I will make them sometime this week.

the end.

No comments:

Post a Comment