Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Red potatoes with parsley

It looks like activity has been low on the blog this week. I know Steph's traveling and Lindsay is injured, plus I'm pretty sure they both did the potatoes last week. This was the easiest recipe yet. The potatoes were quick and easy and turned out great. The green beans came out of a can so that took no time. The fish was a little tricky. We actually caught this fish at Strawberry Lake several weeks ago and it's been in the freezer since. This was my first time fishing with a pole, and definitely my first time seeing the whole process from the fish swimming in the water to putting it into my mouth. So the trickiest part was probably filleting the fish, but Caleb did that (here he is trying to get instructions from his brother over the phone) . He did a great job. We experimented and left one fish whole (gutted of course :) ) and fileted the other. The filet portions burned (I should've put the broil on low because high cooked them way too fast) so it was a little crispy but still good. I like the butter/parsley/lemon juice idea (I got the recipe for the fish out of the Lionhouse cookbook -- yummy and simply!) but both the potatoes and the fish could've had a much stronger taste. Maybe I'll try some garlic next time? I will definitely do the potatoes again and will just experiment with different seasonings. Way to go Martha, another successful week.

No comments:

Post a Comment