Monday, September 21, 2009

Roasted Chicken and Boiled Potatoes--Linds

I will make this short cuz I have to type with just my left hand. This meal produced quite a disaster. Not cuz the meal was bad but I am so stupid.
Stuffed chicken with lemons, dried rosemary and fresh thyme. trussed with wire, need to get twine. cooked almost to perfection.

I grabbed the handle of the skillet after it had been in the 450 oven for an hour and burned my RIGHT hand really badly. cooking ended there obviously so no pan sauce. Luckily I had finished potatoes already. i used dried parsley but they lacked flavor. chicken was delicious. went to ER after we ate and it was a long night. going to be a really rough week with one hand and two kids. sometimes i use teeth to change their clothes and diapers. i am such an idiot. i told kenny he is my right hand man haha.

my hand all wrapped up from doc. it still burns. 2nd degree. hurt real bad. tyler sang to me the song, "If you chance to meet a frown..." that made me laugh. at least the chicken was yummy. will do again for sure.

2 comments:

  1. I'm so sorry Lindsay! Hope you know some people now out there so they can help you

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh no! Let me know if I can do anything to help!!

    ReplyDelete