Sunday, January 17, 2010

Wiener Schnitzel by Linds

This was so fun to make! I did not use veal becuse I just don't like the thought of it, or the price of it. So I bought pork instead, since it had been a long time since we've eaten pork.
(Note to self: along with freshly ground pepper, I need to buy a meat mallet so Kenny doesn't have to use an ice cream scoop to pound away at our meat)
I liked the method of it, and would like to try it to make breaded chicken as well. The only problem is I didn't use my awesome skillet that tells me the temperture and keeps it there for me. So I was just working on the stove, so I had no idea how hot the oil was. I think it was too hot to begin with, and it totally scorched the bread crumbs, so I turned it down some. But I must have not been able to get it right because every piece was still a little pink. It was freaking me out so I didn't eat very much of it cuz I didn't want to get sick. Kenny LOVED the meal and ate the other 3 pieces :). I always feel better about life when Kenny likes my meals haha.

We squoze some lemons on top of it and it was really yummy. We served it with rice and the leeks vinaigrette for quite a lovely meal (minus the pink pork). Any tips on that, Steph?

No comments:

Post a Comment