Saturday, January 23, 2010

Potato-Turnip Gratin, by Steph

Talk about delicious! Martha is not messing around here, with the calories. Heavy cream galore, and it was so worth it.

My first time using a turnip. In the grocery store, I felt foolish asking the produce lady which one was a turnip. She said, "Oh, that's fine. You're probably just confusing them with the rutabagas." Inwardly I thought, "No, because I have never seen a rutabaga in my life." But out loud I said, "Yeah, they do look a lot alike." After her help, I left the store with my first turnip.

I did infuse the fresh sage in the cream, which I think made a big difference in the taste. We all loved this dinner and I will for sure make it again. Some day. If I ever get through the rest of the Martha recipes.

Tomorrow for dinner: Pot Roast and Yellow Cake with Chocolate Buttercream Icing.

Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

  1. What happened, girls? Everybody got pregnant or something? ;)

    I want more!

    ReplyDelete