Thursday, January 7, 2010

The Perfect Pizza


So last night I made THE perfect pizza, if I do say so myself. It was whole wheat (freshly ground), thin crust, with lots of veggies. Here's the recipe for the thin crust because that's the way to go.
Preheat oven to 500 degrees!
1 envelope (or 1 Tablespoon) dry yeast
1/4 tsp. sugr
3/4 c. lukewarm water
1 3/4 c. flour
1/2 tsp. salt

Mix the water, yeast, and sugar. Let sit for a few min. to activate yeast.
Combine flour and salt. Add in yeast mixture. (You can do this in a bowl with a spoon.) Sprinkle a little flour on your counter and put your dough on it. Knead it by hand for 2-3 minutes. Roll it out by hand onto a greased 12 inch circular pan, or a greased 9 by 13 in. cookie sheet if that's all you have (like me). Add sauce and toppings. Bake for 8-12 minutes.
Last night I used half a can of tomato sauce. Then I threw on the cheese. Then came the red, yellow, and orange peppers, diced green chiles, grape tomatoes (quartered), basil, oregano, and yummy smoked chicken and turkey sausage that added just the right touch. It was DELICIOUS!

No comments:

Post a Comment