Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Pan-Roasted Chicken, by Linds


I'm a little frustrated because I just typed up this whole thing and posted it and my internet cord had come loose and anyway it lost the whole thing. So I'm going to summarize and re-do it.


I really loved this method of cooking chicken, it's just like what you do to grill it. Sear it on both sides to lock in the moisture and then cook it through. I don't think my pan was quite hot enough when I put the chicken on initially. So I will do that better next time, but it was still really good. I will definitely cook chicken like this again. But I'll use different vegetables next time. I don't care for grape tomatoes or olives, really. So after one of each i gave the rest of mine to Kenny :). We didn't have capers either.
I told Kenny when I put the chicken in the oven, still in the skillet, that in 15 min. I would need some serious supervision so we didn't have a repeat of last time. But thankfully there were no burns for this meal, and it turned out great. Martha meal for this week was a definite keeper.

No comments:

Post a Comment