Monday, April 11, 2011

Chicken Dumpling Things (?)

I don't really know what these are called. But, they are delicious! They're total comfort food in our house now. Credit for the recipe goes to Aunt Launette, through Tiffany.

Ingredients:
2 c. cooked chicken breast, shredded
8 oz. cream cheese
3 tsp. minced onion
1 tsp. lemon pepper
2/3 c. chopped mushrooms (I've made them with mushrooms and without, and there's not too much of a difference, so nowadays I don't)

2-3 cans of Pillsbury Crescent Rolls (recipe calls for 2, but I always have insides leftover, so I try to use 3 instead)
1-2 T. melted butter
1/4 c. bread crumbs (I use Italian but any kind is fine)

Directions:
Mix the first 4 ingredients (or 5 if you're putting in mushrooms) in a bowl (the picture below was taken after I'd already used some of the stuff. Don't worry, it makes more than pictured)
Roll out your crescent rolls. They come in triangles obviously, but keep the triangles together so they make a rectangle:
Then cut the rectangles in half to make semi-squares:
Squish the triangles together so they don't come apart. Spoon a bit of the cream cheese mixture into the middle:
Then fold the corners over so they make a cute little pocket:
Continue until you've used up all your squares. Once they're all filled, dab a little bit of melted butter over each of them and sprinkle some breadcrumbs on top of the butter.
Bake them at 350 degrees for about 15 minutes, or until golden brown. I accidentally bought a can of round rolls instead of crescents, so some of them were way small (as you can probably tell from the picture above. The big ones in the middle are how they'll normally look). Sometimes they open up a bit when they cook, but they're just as good.
I serve them with rice and cream of chicken soup, but I've had them with rice pilaf and it was delicious. We love this meal!

No comments:

Post a Comment